Thank you to everyone that came out to the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community meeting. It was a great opportunity to network, share and learn. The meeting included a panel discussion on “Balancing Leading and Managing as a Sales Leader”. The panel from the community shared insights and perspectives on maintaining the balance between leadership and management to achieve sales results.
Who were the panelists?
- Chris Jones – Senior Vice President at PROS
- Marty Fagan – Senior Vice President at TransUnion
- Dean Nolley – Vice President at Ricoh Americas
- Charlie Thackston – President at SOAR Performance Group
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
Questions discussed by the panel:
- When you think about your role as a sales leader, what do you see as the key differences in leading vs. managing?
- How as a sales leader do you strike the balance between leading vs. managing?
- Provide an example based on your experiences where the right balance made a real difference in achieving the outcome that you needed.
- What are situations where you see that the balance between leading and managing gets out of balance?
- How do you re-balance the focus?
- What advice would you give to other sales leaders trying to strike the right balance between leading and managing?
Why Should You Attend Future Meetings?
The meetings offer opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who Will You See at Meetings?
Previous events have included sales leaders from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be Georgia State University students that are participating in the sales program (are you looking for some sales talent for your organization?) Meetings are open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests.
When Was the Meeting?
May 6, 2016 / 7:30am to 9:00am
About the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community
The Atlanta Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Atlanta area.
- The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Atlanta market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Atlanta senior sales executives with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings and an online community.
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!