This week, we will share with you the fourth best practice as discovered through a series of interviews with top account acquisition reps. Best practice #4 is: Top Hunters build compelling value propositions and emphasize them when prospecting.
Now that we have discussed developing insights, let’s get into how to use them. Ultimately, the value in having the fresh perspective is positioning yourself and your company to uniquely help potential customers address their challenges. Top performing hunters are not only effective at developing insights, but also at sharing them in a way that creates a differentiated value proposition for themselves and their company.
They do this by:
1. Understanding the forces influencing the customer. These could be external, such as competitive pressure or internal, such as demands from their boss.
2. Identifying the initiatives that the customer is pursuing and challenges the customer is having in achieving these initiatives.
3. Sharing Insights that demonstrate how the sellers company could help the customer overcome these challenges.
4. Mapping the use of insights to the sales cycle and sales process
ii. Reassure the customer that they are on the right path and create a vision for the customer of working together to achieve that vision.
ii. Build internal support for your organization and solution.
You can use these tips as a way to help your reps build value propositions that win new logos and increase sales from new accounts.
The 7 Best Practices of Top Hunters
There are some specific things that top sales hunters do that enable them to consistently win new business accounts. As we reviewed the insights that the top sales hunters shared with us, 7 best practices emerged as the keys to their success:
Written by: John Thackston | Build compelling value propositions and emphasize them when prospecting | 7 Best Practices of Top Sales Hunters to Increase New Account Sales
For more on this topic and other areas of SOAR thought leadership:
- Follow SOAR Performance Group on our company page on LinkedIn
- Join the Sales Leadership Community Insights discussion group on LinkedIn
- Follow SOAR Performance Group on Twitter