Thank you to everyone that came out to the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community meeting. It was a great opportunity to network, share and learn. The meeting included a panel discussion on “Building Strength in Sales Teams with Recent College Graduates”. The panel from the community shared insights and perspectives on attracting, recruiting, and hiring recent college graduates to build strength in sales teams. We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!
Who were the panelists?
- Rebecca Sherrill from BMC Software Inc. (AVP, ESO Sales Enablement)
- Jordan Adeboye from Georgia State University (Student)
- Kent Jones from Georgia State University (Instructor / Lecturer)
- Charlie Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (President)
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
Questions discussed at the event:
- In almost every Sales Leadership Community meeting that we have, the topic of early talent comes up. In your view, why is this such a hot topic?
- What are the top things that organizations should be doing to better attract recent graduates into their organization?
- Just as importantly, what are the top things that sales organizations can do to retain early talent?
- This is a topic that really spans multiple groups within an organization – HR, Sales, Sales Enablement – who should ultimately own this topic?
- What kinds of things should organizations be considering to make sure that recent graduates are productive as quickly as possible?
- What are the top mistakes that you see organizations making in their efforts to build their organization with recent college graduates?
- What would be your advice for an organization that is early in their efforts to integrate recent graduates into their organization?
Finally, thank you to our hosts for the meeting, Georgia State University.
Why Should You Attend Future Meetings?
The meetings offer opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who Will You See at Meetings?
Previous events have included sales leaders from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be Georgia State University students that are participating in the sales program (are you looking for some sales talent for your organization?) Meetings are open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests.
When Was the Meeting?
October 5, 2018 / 7:30 am to 9:00 am
Where Was the meeting?
Georgia State University — Buckhead Center
About the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community
The Atlanta Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Atlanta area.
- The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Atlanta market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Atlanta senior sales executives with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings and an online community.
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!