Thank you to everyone that came out to the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community meeting. It was a great opportunity to network, share and learn. The meeting included a panel discussion on “How to Attract, Develop and Retain the Right Sales Talent”. The panel from the community shared insights and perspectives on how sales leaders are attracting, developing, and retaining the right sales talent.
Who Were the Panelists?
- Derek Grant – SalesLoft – Vice President, Commercial Sales
- Sophia Weatherby Williams – NCR Telecom and Technology Division – Vice President and General Manager
- Jim Hunter – Emerson Retail Solutions – Vice President, Sales
- Craig Potts – Sphera Solutions – Chief Revenue Officer
- Charlie Thackston – SOAR Performance Group – President
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
- How is your company attracting the right talent for your sales organization?
- How are you seeing the market for talent change over the past few years?
- What are some changes you are seeing in the candidates?
- What experience level are you hiring? How do you manage culture in your sales organization?
- How do you encourage people to share diverse ideas?
- What is your company doing to promote sales as a career, especially to the younger generation?
Why Should You Attend Future Meetings?
The meetings offer opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who Will You See at Meetings?
Previous events have included sales leaders from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be Georgia State University students that are participating in the sales program (are you looking for some sales talent for your organization?) Meetings are open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests.
When Was the Meeting?
April 21, 2017 / 7:30am to 9:00am
Where Was the Meeting?
About the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community
The Atlanta Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Atlanta area.
- The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Atlanta market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Atlanta senior sales executives with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings and an online community.
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!