Thank you to everyone that came out to the Chicago Sales Leadership Community meeting. It was a great opportunity to network, share and learn. The meeting included a panel discussion on “Leading the Multi-Generational Sales Organization”. The panel from the community discussed their insights on leading the multi-generational sales organization. Increasingly, sales leaders have teams that include gens Z, Y (millennials), X, and Boomers.
Who Were the Sales Leaders for the Panel Discussion?
- Debbie Schmidt from IDS Group (SVP, Sales and Marketing)
- Shane Trigg from Salesforce (SVP, Marketing Cloud)
- Pat Loridas from Optum (National VP, Employer Market)
- John Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (VP, Client Engagements)
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
Questions discussed at the event:
- Thinking about the generational make-up of your sales team, how has it changed from 5-10 years ago?
- What has been the impact of these changes on your role as a Sales Leader?
- How are you leveraging each generation’s skills and strengths to enhance your overall selling efforts?
- What types of approaches have you deployed to achieve the best results for your sales team?
- What advice would you give to others on how to best address similar changes within their sales team?
Finally, thank you to our hosts for the meeting, DePaul University’s Center for Sales Leadership.
Why Should You Attend Future Meetings?
The meetings offer opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you may also face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with DePaul University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who Might You See at the Meetings?
Previous events have included sales leaders from CH Robinson, HP Enterprise, IRI, LinkedIn, Miller Coors, Patterson Medical, SAP, Shearer’s Foods, Siemens Healthineers, Softchoice, Southwire, Whirlpool, Zones and other top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be DePaul University students that are participating in the sales program (are you looking for some sales talent for your organization?) Meetings are open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests. There is no cost to attend. Registration before the meeting is required to ensure that a seat is available to you.
When Was the Meeting?
Thursday, May 10th / 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Where Was the Meeting?
Center for Sales Leadership
1 E. Jackson
Chicago, IL 60604
About the Chicago Sales Leadership Community
The Chicago Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by DePaul University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Chicago area.
- The community is a cross industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Chicago market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Chicago senior sales executives with DePaul University students participating in the DePaul University Sales Program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the breakfast meetings that include panel discussions on sales leadership topics, the community also provides online options for participation.
- Recordings from the panel discussion are posted in the previous events section.
- An online discussion group (Sales Leadership Community Insights) is available on LinkedIn.
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!