Thank you to everyone that came out to the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community meeting. It was a great opportunity to network, share and learn. The meeting included a panel discussion on “Optimizing the Sales Coverage Model to Best Engage Prospects and Customers”. The panel from the community shared insights and perspectives on how their companies are improving their engagement with prospects and customers through their efforts to optimize their sales coverage model. We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!
Who were the panelists?
- Marty Fagan – Senior Vice President (SVP) of Sales & Marketing – TransUnion
- Dean Nolley – Vice President, Global Technology Sales, Global Sales – Ricoh Americas Corporation
- Christiane Palpant – Senior Vice President (SVP) and Client Services Director – FIS
- Shawn Phillips – Global Sales Chief of Staff – NCR
- Charlie Thackston – President – SOAR Performance Group
Questions discussed at the meeting:
- One of the areas where we are seeing a lot of discussion across our communities is the topic of sales coverage. How does your organization define your market and allocate resources to cover the market?
- What are some of the initiatives that you have put in place to better optimize sales coverage?
- One of the big drivers that we are seeing impacting sales coverage is customer buying preferences. What kind of changes are you seeing in your market as it relates to how customers prefer to buy?
- What types of initiatives have you put in place to better cover your market and align with these changing expectations? (examples might include: inside sales, alliances/partners, redefining market segments and roles, etc.)
- How have you measured the success of different sales coverage initiatives?
- What have you seen that differentiates sales coverage changes that drove strong business impact vs. those that haven’t?
- What recommendations would you make to other sales leaders as they think about enhancing or evolving their coverage model?
Why Should You Attend Future Meetings?
The meetings offer opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who Will You See at Meetings?
Previous events have included sales leaders from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be Georgia State University students that are participating in the sales program (are you looking for some sales talent for your organization?) Meetings are open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests.
When Was the Meeting?
May 10, 2019 / 7:30 am to 9:00 am
Where Was the Meeting?
Georgia State University — Buckhead Center
About the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community
The Atlanta Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Atlanta area.
- The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Atlanta market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Atlanta senior sales executives with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings and an online community.
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!