Thank you to everyone that came out to the Chicago Sales Leadership Community meeting. It was a great opportunity to network, share and learn. The meeting included a panel discussion on “Optimizing the Sales Coverage Model to Best Engage Prospects and Customers”. The panel from the community shared insights and perspectives on how their companies are improving their engagement with prospects and customers through their efforts to optimize their sales coverage model.
Who were the panelists?
- Robert Callaci – Senior Vice President of Sales – TransUnion
- Kevin Hooper – President of the Data Center Group – Lenovo
- Jonathan Leaf – Area Sales Leader, Central US & Private Equity – Amazon Web Services
- John Thackston – Vice President of Business Development – SOAR Performance Group
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
Questions discussed at the event:
- One of the areas where we are seeing a lot of discussion across our communities is the topic of sales coverage. How does your organization define your market and allocate resources to cover the market?
- What are some of the initiatives that you have put in place to better optimize sales coverage?
- One of the big drivers that we are seeing impacting sales coverage is customer buying preferences. What kind of changes are you seeing in your market as it relates to how customers prefer to buy?
- What types of initiatives have you put in place to better cover your market and align with these changing expectations? (examples might include: inside sales, alliances/partners, redefining market segments and roles, etc.)
- How have you measured the success of different sales coverage initiatives?
- What have you seen that differentiates sales coverage changes that drove strong business impact vs. those that haven’t?
- What recommendations would you make to other sales leaders as they think about enhancing or evolving their coverage model?
Finally, thank you to our hosts for the meeting, DePaul University’s Center for Sales Leadership.
Why Should You Attend Future Meetings?
The meetings offer opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with DePaul University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who Will You See at Meetings?
Previous events have included sales leaders from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be DePaul University students that are participating in the sales program (are you looking for some sales talent for your organization?) Meetings are open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests.
When Was the Meeting?
May 17, 2019 / 7:30am – 9:00am
Where Was the Meeting?
Center for Sales Leadership
1 E. Jackson
Chicago, IL 60604
About the Chicago Sales Leadership Community
The Chicago Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by DePaul University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Chicago area.
- The community is a cross industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Chicago market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Chicago senior sales executives with DePaul University students participating in the DePaul University Sales Program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the breakfast meetings that include panel discussions on sales leadership topics, the community also provides online options for participation.
- Recordings from the panel discussion are posted in the previous events section.
- An online discussion group (Sales Leadership Community Insights) is available on LinkedIn.
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!