Thank you to everyone that came out to the Chicago Sales Leadership Community meeting. It was a great opportunity to network, share and learn. The meeting included a panel discussion on “Motivating Sales Professionals to Achieve Maximum Team and Individual Sales Results”. The panel from the community shared insights and perspectives on how their companies are implementing approaches to motivate sales teams and individuals to achieve maximum sales results. We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting! Also, check out the online community for an ongoing discussion on important topics affecting sales organizations and sales leaders.
Who were the panelists?
- Will Corkery from Dell Boomi (SVP of Sales)
- Daniel Dunn from Morningstar (Chief Revenue Officer)
- Steve Marley from ZS Associates (Principal)
- John Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (VP of Business Development)
Questions discussed at the event:
- As many organizations will be looking to close the year strong, motivating sales teams for a strong finish will be important for many sales leaders. What have you seen as the most effective ways to motivate a strong finish from your sales teams?
- For sales professionals, finishing a year strong creates the opportunity for the new year. What have you seen as the best ways to motivate a quick start in the new year for sales teams?
- We have probably all heard over the years that sales professionals are money motivated – “coin operated”. How have you seen the financial motivation play-out as compared to other motivations?
- How do you see the sales leader’s role in motivating a team?
- What differences have you seen motivation for different generations of sales professionals? (Baby Boomers 1946-1964, Gen X 1965-1976, Millennials 1977-1995, Gen Z 1996-present)
- What recommendations would you make to other sales leaders as they think about how to best Motivate Sales Professionals to Achieve Maximum Team and Individual Results?
Finally, thank you to our hosts for the meeting, DePaul University’s Center for Sales Leadership.
Why Should You Attend Future Meetings?
The meetings offer opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with DePaul University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who Will You See at Meetings?
Previous events have included sales leaders from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be DePaul University students that are participating in the sales program (are you looking for some sales talent for your organization?) Meetings are open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests.
When Was the Meeting?
September 20, 2019 / 7:30am – 9:00am
Where Was the Meeting?
Center for Sales Leadership
1 E. Jackson
Chicago, IL 60604
About the Chicago Sales Leadership Community
The Chicago Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by DePaul University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Chicago area.
- The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Chicago market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Chicago senior sales executives with DePaul University students participating in the DePaul University Sales Program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings and an online community.