Thank you to everyone that came out to the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community meeting. It was a great opportunity to network, share and learn. The meeting included a panel discussion on “Finishing the Year Strong and Getting Ready to Start Fast Next Year”. The panel from the community shared insights and perspectives on finishing the current sales year strong while also getting the team ready to start fast next year. We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!
Who were the panelists?
- Tim Fuller (Executive Director, SAP Go-To-Market for EY)
- Christiane Palpant (Vice President, National Sales Manager for FIS)
- Mike Pollitt (General Manager Americas and Global Sales & Marketing Leader for ABB Enterprise Software)
- Charlie Thackston, (President of SOAR Performance Group)
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
- With the end of the year approaching, as a sales leader in your experience, what are the keys to finishing the year strong?
- How do you balance finishing the current year with preparing for a quick start in the new year?
- What advice would you give to others regarding finishing strong and preparing for a quick start in the year ahead?
- Do you think that cold calling still has a place in today’s sales environment?
- What are your opinions about companies having sales kickoff meetings in the new year?
- What do you think is the importance of having the sales compensation plans finalized by the start of the new sales year?
Finally, thank you to our hosts for the meeting, Georgia State University.
Why Should You Attend Future Meetings?
The meetings offer opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who Will You See at Meetings?
Previous events have included sales leaders from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be Georgia State University students that are participating in the sales program (are you looking for some sales talent for your organization?) Meetings are open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests.
When Was the Meeting?
October 7, 2016 / 7:30am to 9:00am
Where Was the meeting?
Northcreek Conference Center
About the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community
The Atlanta Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Atlanta area.
- The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Atlanta market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Atlanta senior sales executives with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings and an online community.
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!