Thank you to everyone that came out to the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community meeting on February 21st.
It was a great opportunity to network, share and learn. The meeting included a panel discussion about “The Sales Leader’s Role in Driving Innovation with Customers”. During the panel discussion, senior executives from the community shared insights and perspectives on the sales leader’s role in driving innovation with customers. The ideas, approaches, and actions shared will help sales people and sales teams ascend to new heights of sales performance. Hosts for the meeting were Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group. We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!
Who were the senior executives on the panel?
- Justin Breitfelder from Salesforce.com (Vice President of Sales)
- Bob Kelly from The Sales Management Association (Chairman)
- D. Robert Martin from Red Hat (Vice President, North America Sales)
- Charlie Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (President)
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
Questions discussed at the event:
- To level set as a panel, from a sales leader’s perspective how would you define innovation?
- In your experience with customers, what do you feel customers expect from sales leaders relative to innovation?
- How do you believe the role of the sales leader is changing relative to driving innovation with customers?
- Why is the role of the sales leader changing?
- What would be your top 3 recommendations to other sales leaders for balancing the expectations for “making the number” and driving innovation with customers?
Pictures from the event:
Why should you attend future meetings?
The meeting offers opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who might you see at meetings?
Events include sales leaders and senior executives from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be Georgia State University students that are participating in the sales program (are you looking for some sales talent for your organization?) The meeting is open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests. There is no cost to attend. Registration before the meeting is required to ensure that a seat is available to you.
When was the meeting?
February 21, 2020 / 7:30am – 9:00am
Where was the meeting?
Georgia State University – Buckhead Center
About the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community
The Atlanta Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Atlanta area.
- The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Atlanta market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Atlanta senior sales executives with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings and an online community.