April 2017 | Which Sales Opportunities are Diamonds in the Rough?
The birthstone for April is the diamond. Diamonds form deep in the earth under extreme heat and pressure. They are forced from their hiding places by nature or by man. Only then can the diamonds be cut and polished to let the natural beauty shine. And the potential value realized.
As you approach the next sales quarter, consider which sales opportunities in your funnel or pipeline are the diamonds in the rough. Each have been (or will be) hard to find, so treat them with care. Each sales opportunity must be shaped and polished to realize the potential value (to you and the customer). Accomplishing this realization of potential value will require focus, effort, and execution.
Here are some resources that can help:
- If you need some perspective on focus, read about creating focus on the sales strategy.
- If you need some perspective on effort, read about aligning selling efforts with the customer buying process.
- If you need some perspective on execution, read about getting change velocity.
Upcoming events where you can exchange with other sales leaders to get the most from your sales opportunities that are diamonds in the rough:
- If you are near Atlanta, register to attend the April 21 Sales Leadership Community meeting. The panel will discuss how to attract, develop, and retain the right sales talent.
- If you are near Chicago, register to attend the May 19 Sales Leadership Community meeting. The panel will discuss how sales leaders are addressing changing customer buying behavior.
- One of our clients is leading a session at SAMA’s 2017 Annual Conference in National Harbor, Maryland (USA). The session focuses on how they accelerated growth through a transformational account management strategy. Learn more here.
Remember, your Strategy creates your Opportunities which drives your Actions that deliver the Results.
Best wishes for success in the new sales quarter!
All the best,
Matt Piekutowski | Vice President | SOAR Performance Group
P.S. If you want to learn more about diamonds, check out these resources:
- Famous Diamonds (from Cape Town Diamond Museum)
- VIDEO: National Geographic I Didn’t Know That About Diamonds
- American Gem Society
- Gemological Institute of America Inc.