Thank you to everyone that came out to the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community meeting. It was a great opportunity to network, share and learn. The meeting included a panel discussion on “Leading in an Environment with an Accelerating Pace of Change”. The panel from the community shared insights and perspectives on leading in an environment with an accelerating pace of change.
Who were the panelists?
- Jim Dinkins – Chief Retail Sales Officer, National Retail Sales at Coca-Cola North America
- Ian Drysdale – Executive VP, Sales and Business Development at Elavon
- John Irwin – Senior VP, Government, Education and Healthcare at AT&T
- Charlie Thackston – President at SOAR Performance Group
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
Questions discussed by the panel:
- What types of major changes are you seeing in your industry?
- How does the rate of change compare to your experiences in the past?
- What is driving the changes that you are seeing?
- How are these changes impacting how you lead within your organization?
- What advice would you give to others regarding how to lead in an environment of accelerating change?
Why Should You Attend Future Meetings?
The meetings offer opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who Will You See at Meetings?
Previous events have included sales leaders from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be Georgia State University students that are participating in the sales program (are you looking for some sales talent for your organization?) Meetings are open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests.
When Was the Meeting?
February 5, 2016 / 7:30am to 9:00am
About the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community
The Atlanta Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Atlanta area.
- The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Atlanta market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Atlanta senior sales executives with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings and an online community.
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!