Thank you to everyone that came out to the Chicago Sales Leadership Community meeting. It was a great opportunity to network, share and learn. The meeting included a panel discussion on “Aligning Sales and Marketing to Drive Results”. The panel from the community shared insights and perspectives on the difficult challenge of aligning sales and marketing to drive results.
Who Were the Sales Leaders for the Panel Discussion?
- Mike Finke — Medco Sports Medicine — General Manager
- Jim Grass — Zones — VP, Public Sector Sales
- Phyllis Millikan — Right Management — SVP, Career Management
- John Thackston — SOAR Performance Group — VP, Client Engagement
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
Questions discussed during the meeting:
- Sales and Marketing alignment has been around forever, but it’s been a hot topic at Sales Leadership Community events. Why is this topic getting so much attention today?
- How has the internet impacted the relationship between the sales organization and marketing organization?
- There is always a lot of finger pointing when it comes to the topic of sales and marketing alignment-how are you overcoming this within your organization today?
- What approaches are you using to maximize the revenue that your organization is generating through marketing efforts?
- What kinds of initiatives have you put in place within your organization to drive alignment between the sales and marketing organization?
- What advice would you give to others on how to align the sales and marketing organizations within their firm?
Finally, thank you to our hosts for the meeting, DePaul University’s Center for Sales Leadership.
Why Should You Attend Future Meetings?
The meetings offer opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you may also face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with DePaul University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights
Who Will You See at the Meetings?
Previous events have included sales leaders from CH Robinson, HP Enterprise, IRI, LinkedIn, Miller Coors, Patterson Medical, SAP, Shearer’s Foods, Siemens Healthineers, Softchoice, Southwire, Whirlpool, Zones and other top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be DePaul University students that are participating in the sales program (are you looking for some sales talent for your organization?) The meetings are open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests. There is no cost to attend. Registration before the meeting is required to ensure that a seat is available to you.
When Was the Meeting?
September 15, 2017 / 7:30am to 9:00am
Where was the Meeting?
ABOUT THE CHICAGO SALES LEADERSHIP COMMUNITY
The Chicago Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by DePaul University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Chicago area.
- The community is a cross industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Chicago market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Chicago senior sales executives with DePaul University students participating in the DePaul University Sales Program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the breakfast meetings that include panel discussions on sales leadership topics, the community also provides online options for participation.
- Recordings from the panel discussion are posted in the previous events section.
- An online discussion group (Sales Leadership Community Insights) is available on LinkedIn.
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!