The October 16th virtual meeting of Houston Sales Leadership Community included a great discussion.
The topic for the meeting was “Customer Success as a Growth Engine and Growth Accelerator”. The panel of senior executives from the community shared insights and perspectives on the role of their customer success organization as a growth engine and growth accelerator. The meeting provided ideas, approaches, and actions to help your organization ascend to new heights of revenue performance. Hosts for the meeting included the Stephen Stagner Sales Excellence Institute, the University of Houston and SOAR Performance Group.
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
Who were the senior executives on the panel?
- John C.P. Allessio from PROS (Executive Vice President, Chief Customer Officer)
- Debi Crimmins from Achieve3000 (Senior Vice President of Customer Advocacy)
- Christy Notareschi from Hilti North America (Divisional Manager, South Central)
- John Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (Vice President, Business Development)
Questions discussed at the event:
- Customer success was a hot topic even before the Covid-19 pandemic and it seems like it is only growing in importance. From you perspective, why do you believe that this is occurring?
- Customer success is a term that often has different meanings in different organizations, what does it mean in your organization?
- In your view, where should customer success report in the organization?
- With everything that has happened in the past month, we see many of our clients analyzing roles and responsibilities across sales and customer success. What are you all seeing here, and what are some smart moves that you believe organizations can make to optimize coverage during a really fast shifting period?
- When you see organizations that really use the customer success function as a growth driver – what do you see that they do differently and better than those that don’t?
- What do you see as the critical skill sets for a customer success organization to have in order to really be a growth accelerator for their organization?
- What would be your advice for an organization that is trying to determine how to drive more customer growth with their customer success function?
Why should you attend future meeting?
The meeting offers opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with University of Houston students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who might you see at a meeting?
Events include sales leaders and senior executives from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be University of Houston students that are participating in the sales program. Are you looking for some sales talent for your organization? The meeting is open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests.
When was the meeting?
October 16, 2020 / 1:00pm Eastern US
Where was the meeting?
Virtual on Zoom
About the Houston Sales Leadership Community
The Houston Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by the University of Houston and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Houston area.
- The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Houston market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for senior sales executives with University of Houston students participating in the sales program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings and an online community.