Senior executives from the community shared insights and perspectives on the role of their customer success organization as a growth engine and growth accelerator. Host for the meeting was the Houston chapter of the Sales Leadership Community. Special thanks to the Stephen Stagner Sales Excellence Institute, the University of Houston, and SOAR Performance Group.
Listen online or download to listen offline:
- John C.P. Allessio from PROS (Executive Vice President, Chief Customer Officer)
- Debi Crimmins from Achieve3000 (Senior Vice President of Customer Advocacy)
- Christy Notareschi from Hilti North America (Divisional Manager, South Central)
- John Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (Vice President, Business Development)
Questions discussed at the event:
- Customer success is growing in importance. From you perspective, why do you believe that this is occurring?
- Customer success is a term that often has different meanings in different organizations, what does it mean in your organization?
- In your view, where should customer success report in the organization?
- With everything that has happened in the past month, we see many of our clients analyzing roles and responsibilities across sales and customer success. What are you all seeing here, and what are some smart moves that you believe organizations can make to optimize coverage during a really fast shifting period?
- When you see organizations that really use the customer success function as a growth driver – what do you see that they do differently and better than those that don’t?
- What do you see as the critical skill sets for a customer success organization to have in order to really be a growth accelerator for their organization?
- What would be your advice for an organization that is trying to determine how to drive more customer growth with their customer success function?