At this event, the panel of senior executives shared insights, perspectives, and experiences on the differences between opportunity-focused selling and account-based selling. During the discussion, panelists commented on the people/roles involved plus engagement approaches necessary to be successful.
- Jesse Alexander from DYOPATH (Chief Revenue Officer)
- Matt Piekutowski from SOAR Performance Group (Vice President, Strategic Programs)
- Charlie Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (President and Founder)
Questions explored during the discussion:
- One of the trends we are seeing is a focus on moving from a lead/opportunity-based sales strategy to a more account-based sales strategy. In your opinion, why are organizations making this move?
- What are some of the critical things that an organization needs to get right in order to successfully make the jump from opportunity-based selling to account-based selling?
- What are some of the mistakes that you see organizations making when they think about this move?
- How do you change the mindset and the skillset of a team that has been more opportunity-focused historically?
- How does the move from opportunity-based to account-based change the way that sales leaders need to align with their Marketing and Customer Success counterparts?
- What concluding advice would you give to a sales leader thinking about implementing an account-based sales strategy?
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting: