Record number of attendees at the February 5th virtual meeting of the Sales Leadership Community hosted by the Atlanta Chapter.
The topic for the meeting was “Sales Team Engagement in a Virtual World – Lessons Learned from 2020”. At this live event, senior executives shared experiences, insights and perspectives on engaging sales teams in today’s virtual world. This virtual meeting included 60 minutes of panel discussion plus 30 minutes of virtual networking. Attendess left leave the meeting with ideas, approaches, and actions to help more effectively engage with sales teams during today’s highly virtual environment. Hosts for the meeting were Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group.
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
Who were the senior executives on the panel?
- Jana Schmidt from WebBank (Board Member)
- George Seymour from Sage (Vice President, Sage People (HCM) North America)
- Alfredo Yepez from Hewlett Packard Enterprise (Latin America Managing Director)
- Charlie Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (President)
Questions discussed at the event:
- When the board met for the Atlanta sales leadership community, this topic of lessons learned about sales team engagement in a virtual world was a priority top for our panel discussions in 2021. Why do you believe this is such a relevant topic?
- What are some of the lessons learned from 2020 that you would like to share with the community?
- How have lessons learned from 2020 virtual sales team engagement impacted your perspective for virtual engagement moving forward?
- What were your top successes from 2020 regarding virtual engagement of your teams? What were some of challenges that you have seen?
- What recommendations would you make to other leaders as they think about virtual team engagement in 2021 and beyond?
Why should you attend future meetings?
The meeting offers opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who else might be attending the meeting?
Events include sales leaders and senior executives from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be Georgia State University students that are participating in the sales program. Are you looking for some sales talent for your organization? The meeting is open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests. There is no cost to attend. Registration before the meeting is required.
When was the meeting?
February 5, 2021 / 2:00pm Eastern US
Where was the meeting?
Virtual meeting on Zoom
About the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community
- The Atlanta Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Atlanta area.
- The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Atlanta market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Atlanta senior sales executives with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings and an online community.