Senior Executive Perspectives on Sales Enablement – Chicago Sales Leadership Community
Thank you to everyone that came out to the Chicago Sales Leadership Community meeting. It was a great opportunity to network, share and learn. The meeting included a panel discussion on “Senior Executive Perspectives on Sales Enablement”. The panel from the community discussed their perspectives and insight on sales enablement. During the discussion, the panel talked about sales enablement within their companies, the impact of sales enablement on sales performance, and how sales enablement supports their customer-centric approaches.
Who Were the Sales Leaders for the Panel Discussion?
- Daniel Barrett from Micro Focus, ITOM (VP of Sales, Enterprise IT Software)
- Barry Dixon from Acuity Brands (VP Sales, Holophane and Utility Channels)
- Charlie Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (President)
- John Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (VP, Client Engagements)
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
Questions discussed at the event:
- What does sales enablement mean to you and your organization?
- Which functions are involved in sales enablement and how do you manage handoffs between groups?
- At your company, what types of sales enablement initiatives have you put in place?
- Of these initiatives, which have been the most impactful and what results have you seen?
- Why do some sales enablement initiatives drive greater results than others?
- As you are making investments in sales enablement initiatives, how do you evaluate the ROI?
Finally, thank you to our hosts for the meeting, DePaul University’s Center for Sales Leadership.
Why Should You Attend Future Meetings?
The meetings offer opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you may also face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with DePaul University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights
Who Might You See at the Meeting?
Previous events have included sales leaders from CH Robinson, HP Enterprise, IRI, LinkedIn, Miller Coors, Patterson Medical, SAP, Shearer’s Foods, Siemens Healthineers, Softchoice, Southwire, Whirlpool, Zones and other top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be DePaul University students that are participating in the sales program (are you looking for some sales talent for your organization?) The meetings are open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests. There is no cost to attend. Registration before the meeting is required to ensure that a seat is available to you.
When Was the Meeting?
March 2, 2018 / 7:30am to 9:00am
Where Was the Meeting?
Center for Sales Leadership
1 E. Jackson
Chicago, IL 60604
About the Chicago Sales Leadership Community
The Chicago Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by DePaul University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Chicago area.
- The community is a cross industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Chicago market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Chicago senior sales executives with DePaul University students participating in the DePaul University Sales Program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the breakfast meetings that include panel discussions on sales leadership topics, the community also provides online options for participation.
- Recordings from the panel discussion are posted in the previous events section.
- An online discussion group (Sales Leadership Community Insights) is available on LinkedIn.
We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!