The Sales Leader’s Role in Driving Innovation with Customers – Houston Sales Leadership Community
The April 21 virtual meeting of the Houston Sales Leadership Community was a huge success!
The topic for the meeting was “The Sales Leader’s Role in Driving Innovation with Customers”. Senior executives from the community shared insights and perspectives on the sales leader’s role in driving innovation with customers. The meeting provided ideas, approaches, and actions to help sales people ascend to new heights of sales performance. Hosts for the meeting included the University of Houston and SOAR Performance Group.
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
Who were the senior executives on the panel?
- Chuck Gill from Hexagon PPM (Vice President, Go-To-Market & Field Development)
- Eric Koach from Lenovo (Western Regional Sales Leader)
- Alexis Langagne from Prosegur (Managing Director – North Latin America)
- Charlie Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (President)
Questions discussed at the event:
- To level set as a panel, from a sales leader’s perspective how would you define innovation?
- In your experience with customers, what do you feel customers expect from sales leaders relative to innovation?
- How do you believe the role of the sales leader is changing relative to driving innovation with customers? Why is it changing?
- What would be your top 3 recommendations to other sales leaders for balancing the expectations for “making the number” and driving innovation with customers?
Why should you attend future meetings?
The meeting offers opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with University of Houston students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who might you see at future meetings?
Events include sales leaders and senior executives from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be University of Houston students that are participating in the sales program (are you looking for some sales talent for your organization?) The meeting is open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests. There is no cost to attend. Registration before the meeting is required to ensure that a seat is available to you.
When was the meeting?
April 21, 2020 / 1:30pm – 3:00pm (US Central Time)
Where was the meeting?
Virtual Zoom Meeting
About the Houston Sales Leadership Community
The Houston Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by the University of Houston and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Houston area.
- The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Houston market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for senior sales executives with University of Houston students participating in the sales program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings and an online community.