The October 9th virtual meeting of the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community was a fantastic success.
The topic for the meeting was “Moving from Product Sales to Solution and Outcome Sales”. Buyers are increasingly making purchase decisions based on potential business outcomes and value. At this live event, senior executives from the community shared insights and perspectives on how their companies are transforming their sales organizations to meet the expectations of today’s buyers. The meeting provided ideas, approaches, and actions to help your organization ascend to new heights of sales performance. Hosts for the meeting were Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group.
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
Who were the senior executives on the panel?
- Deron Frye from Zoom (Senior Sales Leader & Atlanta Site Leader)
- Julia McAllister from Intalere (SVP Sales & Account Management)
- Matt Otten from Conduent (EVP Sales)
- John Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (VP, Business Development)
Questions discussed at the event:
- When we met as a board group, this topic of moving from product to solution or outcome sales was really hot. Why do you believe this is such a relevant topic?
- What are some of the initiatives that you have put in place to move towards solution or outcome-based selling?
- What have you seen work well in this area and what have you seen be a challenge?
- Why should customers want to buy in this way?
- What kinds of business results have you seen from initiatives focused on moving to more outcome based selling approaches?
- What recommendations would you make to other sales leaders as they think about moving to more outcome based selling approaches?
Why should you attend future meetings?
The meeting offers opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who might you see at future meetings?
Events include sales leaders and senior executives from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be Georgia State University students that are participating in the sales program. Are you looking for some sales talent for your organization? The meeting is open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests. There is no cost to attend. Registration before the meeting is required.
When was the meeting?
October 9, 2020 / 2:00pm Eastern US (60 minutes panel discussion + 30 minutes networking)
Where was the meeting?
About the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community
The Atlanta Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Atlanta area.
- The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Atlanta market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Atlanta senior sales executives with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings and an online community.