Terrific turnout for the April 16th virtual meeting of the Sales Leadership Community hosted by the Atlanta Chapter.
The topic for the meeting was “Leading a Sales Team In and Through Uncertain Times”. At this live event, senior executives shared experiences, insights and perspectives on leading and engaging sales teams during uncertain times. This virtual meeting included 60 minutes of panel discussion plus 30 minutes of virtual networking. Participants left the meeting with ideas, approaches, and actions to help their organizations more effectively engage with the sales teams. Host for the meeting was the Atlanta Chapter of the Sales Leadership Community with support from Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group.
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
Who were speakers on the panel?
- Brian Gorney from Verizon Business Group (Managing Director Enterprise Sales (U.S. East Investment Accounts, Pro Sports))
- Julia McAllister from Intalere (Senior Vice President, Sales & Account Management)
- Cynthia Starr from Honeywell Connected Enterprise (Senior Director Sales Excellence)
- Charlie Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (President)
Questions discussed by the panel:
- When we met as a sales leadership community board, this topic of “leading a sales team in and through uncertain times” was a priority topic for our panel discussions in 2021. How have you addressed the uncertainties experienced over the past year with your sales teams?
- Obviously, last year was unique in and of itself, what are other examples of uncertain times where you have had to lead teams?
- When dealing with times of uncertainty, what are the top three things required for a leader to be successful?
- With the rate of change accelerating in the world around us and with our customers, the need to lead through uncertainty will be a continuing requirement. Thinking back a few years, what advice would you give your “younger self” to develop the capabilities required for leading in times of uncertainty?
When was the meeting?
April 16, 2021 / 2:00pm Eastern US (60 minutes panel discussion + 30 minutes networking)
Where was the meeting?
Virtual meeting on Zoom
Why should you attend future meetings?
The meeting offers opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who else might be attending a meeting?
Events include sales leaders and senior executives from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be Georgia State University students that are participating in the sales program. Are you looking for some sales talent for your organization? The meeting is open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests. There is no cost to attend. Registration before the meeting is required.
About the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community
- The Atlanta Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Atlanta area.
- The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Atlanta market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Atlanta senior sales executives with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings and an online community.