The February 4th virtual meeting of the Sales Leadership Community hosted by the Atlanta Chapter was a success!
The topic for the meeting was “What CEOs Look For In Their Sales Leaders”. At this live event, CEOs shared their perspectives about the critical role of the sales leader. The discussion covered their views on:
- Finding and hiring the right sales leader
- Working with the sales leader on the strategic direction of the sales organization
- Aligning on the operational expectations to support the execution of the sales strategy
See below for the link to download or listen to the recording. This virtual meeting included 60 minutes of panel discussion plus 30 minutes of virtual networking. The host for the meeting was the Atlanta Chapter of the Sales Leadership Community with support from Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group.
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
Who was on the panel?
- Eric Cevis from Verizon Partner Solutions (President, Verizon Partner Solutions)
- Kevin Lee from Kobiton (CEO)
- Jana Schmidt from Quisitive (President, Payment Solutions)
- Charlie Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (President)
- John Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (Vice President of Business Development)
Questions discussed include:
- One of the topics that our community is very interested in is the expectations that executive leaders have for sales/commercial leaders. What are the top 2-3 expectations do you have for a sales leader working in your organization?
- How do you see the role of the sales leader changing? What are the skills and attributes that you are looking for now that weren’t as important to you in the past?
- When you are looking for a new sales leader, what are some of the criteria that you use to determine fit and make a selection?
- What mistakes do you believe CEOs make in selecting and managing their sales leaders?
- What advice would you give to CEOs as it relates to hiring and developing sales leaders?
- What advice would you give sales leaders to better align with their executive leadership?
When was the meeting?
February 4, 2022 / 2:00pm Eastern US (60 minutes panel discussion + 30 minutes networking)
Where was the meeting?
Virtual meeting on Zoom (register to get your personalized link to join)
Why should you attend future meetings?
The meeting offers opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who might be attending?
Events include sales leaders and senior executives from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be Georgia State University students that are participating in the sales program. Are you looking for some sales talent for your organization? The meeting is open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests. There is no cost to attend. Registration before the meeting is required.
About the Atlanta Sales Leadership Community
The Atlanta Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by Georgia State University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Atlanta area.
The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Atlanta market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Atlanta senior sales executives with Georgia State University students participating in the sales program.
The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings and an online community.