Record number of participants at the April 30th virtual meeting of the Sales Leadership Community hosted by the Houston Chapter!
The topic for the meeting was “Becoming More Strategic with Your Most Strategic Accounts”. At this live event, the panel of senior executives shared experiences, insights and perspectives on how they have adapted their approaches with their most strategic accounts to become more strategic in their engagements. This virtual meeting included 60 minutes of panel discussion plus 30 minutes of virtual networking. Attendees left the meeting with ideas, approaches, and actions to help their organizations be more strategic with the most strategic accounts. Host for the meeting was the Houston Chapter of the Sales Leadership Community with support from the University of Houston and SOAR Performance Group.
Listen to or download the audio from the meeting:
Who were the speakers on the panel?
- Mike Feldman from Xerox Corporation (EVP and President, Americas Operations and Global Document Services)
- Carl Herman from University of Houston (Director of Executive Education)
- Ron Preiss from Honeywell (VP Offering Management)
- Werner Schaefer from Intel Corporation (VP/GM Network Platforms & Communications Service Providers Sales)
- Fernando Moreno from SOAR Performance Group (Practice Leader)
- Charlie Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (President)
Questions discussed by the panel:
- When the board met for the Houston sales leadership community, this topic of becoming more strategic with your most important strategic accounts was a top priority for our panel discussions in 2021. Why do you believe this is such a relevant topic?
- What have been your strategies for becoming more strategic with your most important strategic accounts?
- How have those strategies changed over the past year? How have your most strategic accounts responded to these changes?
- What recommendations would you make to other leaders as they think about becoming more strategic to their most strategic accounts in 2021 and beyond?
When was the meeting?
April 30, 2021 / 2:00pm Central US (60 minutes panel discussion + 30 minutes networking)
Where was the meeting?
Virtual meeting on Zoom
Why should you attend future meetings?
The meeting offers opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with University of Houston students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who might you see at a meeting?
Events include sales leaders and senior executives from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be University of Houston students that are participating in the sales program. Are you looking for some sales talent for your organization? The meeting is open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests. There is no cost to attend. Registration before the meeting is required.
About the Houston Sales Leadership Community
- The Houston Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by the University of Houston and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Houston area.
- The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Houston market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for senior sales executives with University of Houston students participating in the sales program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings and an online community.