The April 22 panel discussion hosted by the Chicago Chapter of the Sales Leadership Community was a tremendous success.
At this live event, the panel of senior executives shared insights, perspectives, and experiences on “Operationalizing Outcome-Based Selling”. During the discussion, panelists commented on the journey to realize results from focusing sales and customer success efforts on operational and business outcomes. The discussion explored requirements related to the organization, people, process, and tools necessary for success.
This virtual meeting included 60 minutes of panel discussion plus 30 minutes of virtual networking.
Who was on the panel?
- Robert Flint from Seismic (Vice President of Customer Value and Strategy)
- Laura Hall from Revegy (Vice President of Marketing and Customer Experience)
- John Thackston from SOAR Performance Group (VP of Business Development)
Questions discussed by the panel:
- One of the trends we are seeing is a focus on moving toward a more operationalized, outcome-focused sales strategy. In your opinion, why are organizations making this move?
- What are some of the critical things that an organization needs to get right in order to effectively operationalize outcome selling?
- What are some of the hold ups that you foresee organizations facing when they think about this move?
- How do you change the mindset/habits of a team when it comes to adopting a more operational approach?
- What are the risks to not operationalizing outcome selling?
- What concluding advice would you give to a sales leader thinking about operationalizing their selling strategy?
Listen now or download to listen later
When was the meeting?
April 22, 2022 / 2:00pm Central US (60 minutes panel discussion + 30 minutes networking)
Where was the meeting?
Virtual meeting on Zoom
Why should you attend the next meeting?
The meeting offers opportunities to:
- hear from other sales leaders to get their perspective on important topics you face within your company
- meet other sales leaders from the area to expand your personal and professional network
- connect with DePaul University students participating in the sales program to identify potential sales talent
- ask your questions to the panel (and group) to get further insights.
Who might be at a meeting?
Previous events have included sales leaders from top companies of all sizes and industries. Plus, there will be DePaul University students that are participating in the sales program. Are you looking for some sales talent for your organization? The meeting is open to practitioner sales leaders and invited guests. There is no cost to attend. Registration before the meeting is required.
About the Chicago Sales Leadership Community
- The Chicago Sales Leadership Community was co-founded by DePaul University and SOAR Performance Group to create a forum for best practice sharing and executive networking within the greater Chicago area.
- The community is a cross-industry organization of senior sales leaders focused on building a community within the Chicago market for advancing best practices in sales leadership.
- It also creates networking and mentoring opportunities for Chicago senior sales executives with DePaul University students participating in the DePaul University Sales Program.
- The community is led by the advisory board with representatives from companies that represent different industries and go-to-market models.
- In addition to the meetings, the community also provides online options for participation through recordings (https://soarperformancegroup.com/category/chicago-sales-leadership-community-previous-meetings/) and an online community (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4428950).